If you, or a loved one, needs assistace with the processing of a VA claim you have come to right place.  The American Legion Service Officer's offer free advice and guidance to veterans when it comes to dealing with the Department of Veteran's Affairs (VA). Below you will find a number of services available to veterans. 

 Contact Post 179's Service Officer: 


Before you speak to a service officer, you should locate the following:

  • DD Form 214 or Reports of Separation (COPY ONLY) *** (Issued at the time of separation) *** 
  • Service Medical Records (Outpatient), dental records, entrance and separation examination reports.
  • Inpatient Hospitalization Records (private or military)
  • Private Outpatient Medical Records (if applicable)
  • Personnel File
  • Line of Duty (LOD) investigation reports
  • Overseas or Temporary Duty (Travel) Orders